Join Canada’s #1 private business accelerator and play a hands-on role working with AC clients as they grow their businesses to scale. Apply by email by January 20, 2020.
The Accelerator Centre (AC) seeks a qualified, energetic and flexible Jack or Jill of all trades to fill an exciting position in our fast-paced and dynamic entrepreneurial workspace for a 12 month contract. The ideal candidate is organized, an excellent communicator, a master of multi-tasking and is ready to take on projects and initiatives with minimal guidance. The Client Experience team plays a hands-on role working with AC clients as they grow their businesses and take their place alongside our exciting graduates.
Reporting to the Manager, Programs and Client Experience, the Coordinator, Programs and Client Experience is responsible for day-to-day program management supporting the growth of high-potential startup companies (“clients”) at one of our three locations within Kitchener-Waterloo. This position will play a critical role in building strong relationships with and advocating for our clients’ success. You’ll do this by ensuring that client, visitor and partner satisfaction is a top priority at all times and that each facility (work spaces, meeting rooms and common areas) are well-maintained. As the first point of contact for clients, this position will be involved in setting client culture, administering our programs and making pivotal suggestions for programming improvements and event coordination to engage the ecosystem in a meaningful and impactful way.
· Support AC clients from intake to completion of our structured programming. This includes coordinating client engagement with mentors, running programming events and conducting regular check-ins to ensure that client needs are being met.
· Manage a sales funnel of inbound and outbound leads. Interview and convert high potential clients through business development techniques, including prospecting and community outreach.
· Build strong working relationships with and advocate for clients while encouraging their success by utilizing internal client tracking processes to update and monitor client activity and engagement.
· Grow our client portfolio by helping to recruit clients, screen applications, conduct interviews and ultimately, secure new clients (including the contracting process). These efforts include attending events, working with community partners and using software such as Active Campaign, Blitzen, HelloSign and decision.io.
· Offer programming and event recommendations to leadership based on observations and client conversations.
· Manage first impressions – provide reception support, greet guests, direct visitors and respond to client company needs and inquiries.
· Take pride in our clients’ workspaces by creating and maintaining an engaging work environment and work with our operations team to create and maintain vendor relationships with suppliers for janitorial, office supply, security, IT and service providers to provide continual support for client in both spaces.
· Facilitate client movements, which includes communication to appropriate AC team members, preparation of workspaces, suite signage and access/security passes.
· Overall administration, coordination and execution of client programs, including: assisting with client metric collection and government reporting.
· Execute programming events, according to program or sponsor requirements, including but not limited to: creating appropriate communications, administering RSVP lists, as well as food & beverage and technical needs.
· Provide facility tours to prospective clients, guests and industry partners.
· Assist in securing partnerships when opportunities present themselves.
· Be the Chief Everything Officer (CEO), find opportunity in every task and support the company and team.
· Post-secondary education in business management, operations, event management, related discipline, or equivalent business experience.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience providing exceptional customer experiences for clients/visitors/industry partners and administering programs by implementing process-driven initiatives.
· Clear verbal and written communication skills.
· Conducts business in a professional manner at all times, leading by example with a positive team attitude in all aspects.
· Excellent organizational, trouble-shooting and interpersonal skills.
· A self-starter that can work under minimal supervision and can juggle multiple projects and priorities.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Regular access to a vehicle and valid ‘G’ class drivers’ license.
· Prior sales experience is an asset.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by January 20, 2020 at 5pm.
We thank all interested candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Accelerator Centre is committed to fostering a diverse community that is dedicated to supporting entrepreneurs from all backgrounds.
A full range of perspectives, lifestyles, and passions are key to creating the inclusive, entrepreneurial environment that is necessary to help our clients build and scale globally competitive companies. Diversity and inclusion at the Accelerator Centre means we are dedicated to the elimination of discrimination, in all its forms, at all levels of our organization and in our programming.
We welcome applications from qualified candidates of all backgrounds regardless of age, physical ability, gender, race, religion, and sexual orientation. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org noting the job title in the subject line of the email.
Our team is comprised of world-class mentors and specialists that drive our startups to success. If your passionate about the technology, the startup community we would love to hear from you!