From top international & national rankings for the AC to four AC grads being named Canada’s fastest growing tech companies—it’s been a season to remember!
· Magnet Forensics, an AC graduate, announced there lease Magnet SHIELD: an innovative solution that empowers frontline police officers and investigators to easily capture and report on digital evidence from consenting victims and witnesses in the field.
· AC grad Axonify was recognized as a top performer and best microlearning and LEP platforms by G2 Crowd.
· AC JumpStart client HodlBot launched its customizable automated portfolio management tool for cryptocurrency investors.
· AC client Philip Wu of W&Y Environmental (also known as SusWork, the company that is turning biodegradable waste into sustainable bio-methanol) was a keynote speaker at the Green Energy 2019 Conference in Rome, Italy.
· AC grad Axonify was named a finalist for Learning Platform of the Year for the 2020 LEARNING AWARDS.
· We announced launching Canada’s first and only Amazon-collaborated accelerator: Accelerator Centre’s Alexa Voice Tech Accelerator Program. “Alexa, help grow my company.”
· Accelerator Centre CEO Dr. Paul Salvini spoke at the How to Build Successful Innovation Ecosystems—Best Practises from North America workshop at the World Incubation Summit 2019 in Doha, Qatar.
· TD announced an expansion of its Patents for Startups program to help early stage cleantech companies protect and patent their applications – a first of its kind in North America. The program works with eligible startups that have gone through the Accelerator Centre’s TD Sustainable Future Program.
· Switzerland-based intelligence agency UBI Global reviewed 1580 accelerators/incubators in over 70 countries and gave the Accelerator Centre the official ranking of a World Top 5 private business accelerator. We were the only Canadian accelerator to place in the category, making the AC the #1 private business accelerator in Canada.
· The world’s first Entrepreneurship World Cup winner was AC JumpStart alumnus NERv Technology Inc., beating 103,000 startups from 180 countries and taking home $500K USD.
· Canada was named the #1 country for social entrepreneurs by the Thomson Reuters Foundation, measuring factors such asgovernment support, attracting skilled staff, public understanding, making aliving, gaining momentum, and access to investment.
· AC staff, clients, partners, and community donated 376 pairs of new, warm socks to Toasty Toes Waterloo Region for people experiencing homelessness in our area.
· AC JumpStart client TROES Corp. won the Made in York Region Pitch competition, taking home $10K.
· The AC won the Accelerator of the Year award for the second year in a row at the Canadian FinTech & AI Awards.
· Deloitte Canada’s report examining University of Waterloo’s economic impact found that UW startups who have gone through the AC and/or Velocity have generated $2.3B in revenue and created 7,500 jobs.
· We held the largest AC JumpStart showcase event SPARK to date with 18 AC JumpStart clients showcasing their businesses to win a spot in the pitch competition. Ultimately, STAN AI won the Rogers Innovation Prize of $5K.
· AC graduate eleven-x was selected by the City of Calgary to manage LoRaWAN Network and to deliver Smart City solutions.
· New CBRE report confirms what we already know: Waterloo ranks #1 for tech talent quality in Canada.
· AC graduate Axonify won a gold medal for Best Advance in Learning Management/Business Impact Tools at the Brandon Hall Group Excellence in Technology Awards.
· We were happy to announce a fully sponsored Phase One of our TD Sustainable Future Program to new cleantech clients to encourage climate action in Waterloo Region. Apply here before January 31 to be considered!
· AC grad Ecopia AI announces building an open HD map for Waterloo Region.
· AC staff, mentors, clients, partners, and community members raised $1,569 for HopeSpringCancer Support Centre at our annual Jingle & Mingle Holiday Lunch. The money raised gives HopeSpring over one year of caregiver and men’s support groups. Thank you so much to all for your generosity and support!
Our team is comprised of world-class mentors and specialists that drive our startups to success. If your passionate about the technology, the startup community we would love to hear from you!