We're expanding our specialist mentor team and looking for an international business expert to help our startups grow into new, global markets
The Accelerator Centre requires an experienced subject matter expert in the area of international business to expand its roster of talented specialist mentors for our award winning entrepreneurship programming.
As a specialist mentor, the International Business Specialist, will work one on one with our group of extraordinary entrepreneurs; providing expert level guidance and advice on expanding into global markets. Mentoring against our extensive, milestone based curriculum, you’ll have the opportunity to influence the next generation of Canadian tech companies.
Reporting to the Director, Programs and Client Experience, the International Business Specialist will bring years of startup and corporate sales experience, business development knowledge, and proven international trade expertise. The role is central in helping our portfolio of more than 150 companies in the expansion of their startups into the US and international markets.
This role is compensated hourly and hours will fluctuate based on client demand. We anticipate the initial client needs to be up to 5 hours per week.
- Meet with clients: individually and as part of a group of mentors
- Mentor against The Accelerator Program curriculum; ensuring clients receive the industry’s most accurate and updated information and advice
- Consulting with the Director, Programs and Client Experience to ensure program milestones reflect current best practice standards
- Tracking client progress and updating notes within the AC’s CRM
- Timely completion of program administration when required, including updating client notes, time tracking, and regular communication with AC staff and fellow mentors through email and Slack
- Patriciate in mentor team meetings and other AC meetings as required
- 5+ years international sales and business development experience in a software, hardware, or IoT startup; experienced across the customer journey.
- Familiar with international business trade strategies, and import/export regulations and strategies
- Actively connected to the trade development community locally and abroad
- Experienced in cross-cultural business conduct best practices
- Demonstrated experienced in international trade
- Direct international business experience as an entrepreneur- small business owner, startup founder (worked in, or founder of), or in a startup within a corporation
- Must be able to mentor during the operating hours of 9-5pm EST
- Have founded a startup with foreign subsidiaries, or leveraged international trade agreements to enter new markets and scale sales in US and abroad
- Currently actively involved in the international trade community, and familiar with up-to-date strategies and techniques
- A demonstrated thought leader
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before 5pm on February 15, 2020. We thank all interested candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Accelerator Centre is committed to fostering a diverse community that is dedicated to supporting entrepreneurs from all backgrounds.
A full range of perspectives, lifestyles, and passions are key to creating the inclusive, entrepreneurial environment that is necessary to help our clients build and scale globally competitive companies. Diversity and inclusion at the Accelerator Centre means we are dedicated to the elimination of discrimination, in all its forms, at all levels of our organization and in our programming.
We welcome applications from qualified candidates of all backgrounds regardless of age, physical ability, gender, race, religion, and sexual orientation. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org noting the job title in the subject line of the email.
Our team is comprised of world-class mentors and specialists that drive our startups to success. If your passionate about the technology, the startup community we would love to hear from you!