The Accelerator Centre requires a dynamic and energetic person who loves to help people to fill an exciting position in a fast paced and dynamic entrepreneurial workspace.
The Accelerator Centre requires a dynamic and energetic person who loves to help people to fill an exciting position in a fast paced and dynamic entrepreneurial workspace. The ideal candidate must have a passion for the startup scene, people, facility operations, have excellent communication skills, be a master of multi-tasking and take on projects and initiatives without much guidance.
Reporting to the Manager, Operations and Administration, the Guest and Facilities Coordinator is the “executive of first impressions” and the face of the AC to all clients, stakeholders and visitors. This position will play a critical role in ensuring that our front reception and facilities are maintained with a world-class approach and attitude.
Salary Range: $37,000-$46,500
· Manage first impressions by being the main point of contact for visiting guests and clients at our headquarters
· Assist clients, staff and visitors with meeting room requests including, but not limited to; setting up calendar bookings, room availability, correcting booking conflicts, room transfers, A/V set up, etc.
· Maintain visitor management software and host list
· Triage needs and provide direction or assistance for incoming basic enquiries
· Assist the internal/social committee activities, supporting community organizations and charitable opportunities
· Process mail, courier and packages for all resident companies and tenants and notify external parties of their shipments
· Route phone calls to corresponding parties including staff and clients
· Assist with the administration of internal process and procedures
· Reconcile petty cash and other reporting requests for the finance team
· General data entry and constituent database maintenance
· Assist with health and safety programs
· Responsible for our 3facilities, including working with building managers to address maintenance and repair issues
· Monitoring stock and procuring office supplies
· Provide support and coverage for after-hours security or facility issues that may arise
· Assist the Manager, Programs and Client Experience and Manager, Operations and Administration with planning and executing client movements across our facilities
· May be required to move tables, chairs, boxes and/or other items as needed
· Maintain up to date records of each facility’s capacity
· Maintain cleanliness and functionality of our meeting rooms and common areas at our headquarters
· Maintain vendor relationships with suppliers for janitorial, office supplies, security, IT and service providers to provide continual support for clients
· Troubleshoot photocopier, A/V, and IT issues for staff and guests
· Working with our Client Experience team to ensure that all physical needs of clients and staff are met. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Physical environment
- IT challenges and resources
- Ordering catering for meetings and events as required
- Assisting with Onboarding and Outboarding clients and community partners
- Coordinating security procedures regarding keys, access cards, and parking passes
· Be the Chief Everything Officer (CEO), find opportunity in every task and support the company and team
· Postsecondary education/related experience in administration, reception, operations, related disciplines or equivalent experience
· Minimum 1-2 years’ work experience. Experience in a facilities environment is an asset
· Conducts business with a professional, upbeat attitude, leading by example with a positive team attitude in all aspects
· Strong commitment to providing exceptional experiences for clients, visitors and industry partners
· Clear verbal and written communication skills
· Assertive, confident and thrives under pressure
· Excellent organizational, trouble-shooting, and interpersonal skills
· Able to lift up to 50 pounds
· Valid ‘G’ driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 1, 2019 at 5pm. We thank all interested candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Accelerator Centre is committed to fostering a diverse community that is dedicated to supporting entrepreneurs from all backgrounds.
A full range of perspectives, lifestyles, and passions are key to creating the inclusive, entrepreneurial environment that is necessary to help our clients build and scale globally competitive companies. Diversity and inclusion at the Accelerator Centre means we are dedicated to the elimination of discrimination, in all its forms, at all levels of our organization and in our programming.
We welcome applications from qualified candidates of all backgrounds regardless of age, physical ability, gender, race, religion, and sexual orientation. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require assistance, please contact email@example.com noting the job title in the subject line of the email.
Our team is comprised of world-class mentors and specialists that drive our startups to success. If your passionate about the technology, the startup community we would love to hear from you!