As the days grow shorter and nights become cooler, we sadly bid summer farewell. While the masses gather their sweaters and flock to all things pumpkin spice, the Accelerator Centre team reflects fondly on summer 2019. What happened this summer? Fantastic question. Here’s what you need to know:
As the days grow shorter and nights become cooler, we sadly bid summer farewell.
While the masses gather their sweaters and flock to all things pumpkin spice, the Accelerator Centre team reflects fondly on summer 2019.
What happened this summer?
Fantastic question. Here’s what you need to know:
· AC JumpStart Cohort 10 is announced, welcoming 27 new companies to the Accelerator Centre
· “Waterloo Region: Canada’s First Carbon-Neutral Region?” workshop was held in collaboration with TD Lab at True North 2019
· Grand River Transit launches its ION light rail with convenient stops right by our TD Sustainable Future Lab (Research and Tech Station) and Advanced Hardware and Innovation Lab (Victoria Park Station) locations
· Fed Dev Ontario boosts global investment opportunities in Waterloo Region, contributing $3M to attract global investors, creating an expected $40M in total value and 275 jobs
· AC graduate Clearpath Robotics celebrates its 10-year anniversary
· AC grads Axonify, Clearpath Robotics, Kik, Top Hat, and Bonfire are among companies named to PwC Tech Group’s 2019 Periodic Table of Tech
· AC graduate Kik celebrates 10th anniversary
· Dr. Zhou Wang, co-founder of AC graduate SSIMWAVE, is awarded prestigious Tier 1 Canada Research Chair
· New report from TD Canada calls Waterloo “rising tech superstar city”
· AC client Novalte is featured on CTV’s Made Right Here
· Amazing Race Canada comes to Waterloo Region, showcasing AC grad Clearpath Robotics
· Government of Canada announces $30M pilot program to help cleantech entrepreneurs with intellectual property strategies
· One-year anniversary of AC grad Bonfire being acquired for $140M
· AC JumpStart client TROES Corp. launches its 100kWh/30kW BESS
· Thanks to the generosity of our staff, clients, mentors, and partners, Accelerator Centre raises and donates $1,388 to the Kitchener-Waterloo Humane Society
· AC graduate Ecopia is featured as one of the top Canadian Geospatial Companies to Watch for in 2019 by GoGeomatics
· AC graduate Miovision is recognized by MaRs Discover District and BDC Capital Canada as one of the ten most innovative Canadian companies creating a global impact
· AC JumpStart client LinkMentalHealth wins first in Health and Wellness category at Canadian National Exhibition’s Innovation Garage
· AC JumpStart client HITCH is featured on CTV News for its work empowering education for students and teachers in Nigeria
· Multiple AC grads including Axonify, Ecopia, Magnet Forensics, and Smile.io are named to Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies 2019
· AC graduate Plum announces $6.1M USD in raised funding to prepare organizations for the future of work
· AC JumpStart client Stacktronic Inc. wins 25th Velocity Fund Pitch Competition
· AC JumpStart client LinkMentalHealth wins CEMEX-TEC Award, representing one of 15 recipients from around the world to be honoured for developing high calibre, impactful proposals and implementing progressive projects in social entrepreneurship
· Site Selection Magazine notes Waterloo as one of North America’s best “opportunity markets”
· AC graduates Magnet Forensics and Smile.io are named to The Globe and Mail Report on Business' Canada's Top Growing Companies list
Our team is comprised of world-class mentors and specialists that drive our startups to success. If your passionate about the technology, the startup community we would love to hear from you!